This document will explain some of the processes we use to run the interview remotely to make sure it runs smoothly
Don't stress! This is going to be a casual conversation meant to highlight you, your business, and Tampa Bay.
We will be recording both audio and video so that we can repurpose the content in multiple ways. This helps us provide more value to our audience in different formats while giving you more exposure.
We'll be using Riverside.FM to conduct our interview virtually. There is nothing you need to download on your end however we do require that you use Chrome as your browser for out interview.
Here are the questions that you will be asked during the interview:
- Can you tell us a little about your background and how you got into entrepreneurship?
- Can you describe your company and its mission?
- What unique problem does your company solve, and how does it stand out in the marketplace?
- What have been some of the biggest challenges you've faced as a founder, and how have you overcome them?
- How does your company give back to the Tampa Bay community?
- Can you share any exciting developments or plans for the future of your company?
- How do you see the Tampa Bay area's business climate evolving in the coming years, and how does your company plan to stay ahead of the curve?
- Can you share some advice for aspiring entrepreneurs in the Tampa Bay area?
- Do you have any current funding round ongoing or any recent major funding round you closed?
- How do you intend to scale your company in the coming months/years?
1. Find A Quiet Room
Background noise is the enemy of a good recording. If you can find a quiet room or space in which you can conduct the interview, opt for that. Acoustics are really important for great audio so this would be much appreciated.
2. Wear Headphones
Please wear headphones for the recording as the platform we use natively records the audio. This ensures that we don't have any feedback or that your audio does not have an "echo." It's not the end of the world if you don't have headphones, we'll do our best in post to make sure you sound awesome.
3. Use Chrome
The recording software we use is currently only compatible with Google Chrome, so please make sure you have it installed prior to recording and open the link manually in Google Chrome if it's not your default browser.
4. Join Early, Leave Late
Not mandatory but it's always a good idea to show up maybe 5 minutes early just to test all the tech and make sure that we are good to go. Also, the recording software we use for the show uses your native audio and video and uploads it into our online studio. What this means is that after the interview, please leave the studio page open so that your portion of the interview gets uploaded completely. Once the podcast is over, all recording is over as well, we just need the page open to make sure everything is uploaded.
1. Turn Off Notification
To stop any unwanted sounds or distractions during the recoding, please close of your tabs, mute your phone and all other notifications as well.
2. Have Good Lighting
Let's see that beautiful face! If you have access to natural light, use that otherwise a white light works great. Make sure there are no lights behind you or directly above you that might cast strange shadows.
3. If You Have A Mic, Use It!
Audio is key. If you have access to a dedicated microphone or USB microphone please use that. If you do not have access to a microphone, we'll work some magic in post to make sure that your audio is 100%.